A criminal law firm is a group of lawyers that know the defense of clients charged with crimes. These lawyers handle cases ranging from simple misdemeanors to more serious felonies. Criminal law firms often have a large number of attorneys and provide legal services to clients. They may work together on a case or provide separate representation, depending on the needs of each client.
Although most criminal law firms do not accept clients directly, they can be hired by other attorneys who need assistance with a particular case.
Things to consider in a criminal law firm
If you’re looking for a criminal law firm, here are some things to consider:
- First, ask yourself if the firm has experience in your type of case. You may not be able to tell this just by looking at their website or brochures or even talking with them on the phone. But if they don’t have any cases in your area, then it’s probably valid to look elsewhere. If you’re going to pay for legal representation for someone else’s case, then it’s important that you feel comfortable with the firm handling it.
- Second, check out their pricing structure. Some firms charge by the hour, while others offer a flat rate for an entire case. Be sure to ask how much they charge if you decide to hire them for multiple cases at once, as well as what happens if a client doesn’t pay their bill on time. And don’t forget about any other costs associated with hiring an attorney – such as travel expenses, court fees, and bond requirements – before signing any legal documents or making any payments toward their services.
- What type of attorneys works at the firm? Are they experienced or new graduates? Do they have any recent success stories with high-profile clients (like celebrities or politicians)? If so, are those clients coming back soon?
- Are they friendly and easy to talk to? This is important because you will be working with them regularly on your case. A lawyer can help make sure that you understand everything that is happening during your case so that there aren’t any surprises later on down the road.
How to find a criminal law firm
Finding a Calgary criminal law firm can be a difficult task. If you’re not sure where to start, here are some tips:
- Start by checking out the firm’s website. This is a good place to start because it will give you an idea of what the firm offers and how they operate. If the firm doesn’t have its website, ask them if they can send you one.
- Go through their practice areas and find the areas that interest you most. This will help narrow down your search and make sure that you’re hiring the right attorney for your case.
- Visit their offices in person if possible. This is especially important if you need an attorney on a short-term basis (such as for a divorce), because it will give you a good feel for what being around them is like and how comfortable they are with you.
Sean Fagan Criminal Defence Lawyer
1117 1 St SW #306, Calgary, AB T2R 0T9 Canada